The Great Gatsby
Spring 2013 is full of stunning beauty looks, which have been inspired by past trends and everyday women. I've seen runway looks and magazine articles that tie into the upcoming premiere of the highly anticipated movie, The Great Gatsby. The flapper girl look with the deep red lip, soft smoky eye and healthy beautiful skin are being popularized as a great spring trend because of this movie.
With so much buzz around the premiere of the movie, we partnered with and interviewed Celebrity Makeup Artist Marissa Nemes and Celebrity Stylist Lo VonRumpf to discuss how to re-create the beautiful flapper girl look that is showcased throughout the movie. We shared this information with beauty editors. As a result of this outreach, Dory Larrabee with HollywoodLife.com shared Marissa’s tips with her readers. She showed readers how to use Mary Kay products to re-create a look inspired by Carey Mulligan’s Daisy character as it was seen on the May issue of Vogue. I’ve included the text from the article. Hope you enjoy.
Mary Kay Inc. Product Publicity Team
Taken from Hollywoodlife.com
The actress stayed in character, channeling Daisy from her upcoming film ‘The Great Gatsby,’ on the May 2013 cover of ‘Vogue.’ Mary Kay Glam Squad Celebrity makeup artist Marissa Nemes tells you how you can get Carey’s pretty look below.
To achieve Daisy’s soft, smoky eye:
1. Apply Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Metallic Taupe and blend a charcoal eye shadow like Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Coal over and into the eye crease.
2. Line the water and lash line with Mary Kay Eyeliner in Black, smudge the liner using a smudger brush and sweep Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Coal under the lower lash line to create depth.
3. Re-line the top lash line with Mary Kay Liquid Eyeliner and apply a generous coat of Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara for a set of heavenly lashes!
For Daisy’s iconic, bright red lip:
1. Apply Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Rock N’ Red for a vivid, glossy pop of color.
2. For a more versatile red lip, apply Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Sizzling Red. This lipstick can be applied as a balm, stain or a full bodied lipstick.
Pictured Above: Carey Mulligan, 27, looks stunning in her cover photo shoot for the May issue of Vogue. In the spread, she rocks 1920′s hair, makeup, clothing and art deco jewelry.