12 Weeks to Clear Skin
Your week by week guide to clearing your skin...
Week 1: Start the Mary Kay Clearproof Acne regimen – AM & PM – all 4 steps
Week 2: Break bad habits & Start new ones!
• Keep your hands off of your face. The bacteria on your fingers are only making your skin problems worse.
• Wash your pillowcases once a week. Bacteria on your bedding can cause breakouts.
• Clean off your phone with an alcohol pad. Phones spend too much time near and on our faces to not be clean.
• Dry your skin with a soft t-shirt, instead of a towel. Some towels are too abrasive and cause tiny tears in the skin, where bacteria can make its way in.
• Never go to bed without taking off your makeup. Ever.
• If you wash your face in the shower, be sure to wash your hair before applying a facial cleanser. This ensures you don’t leave behind any shampoo/conditioner residue on your skin, which can irritate it.
• Incorporate lots of leafy greens into your diet, and eliminate some sugar and dairy from your diet to see if that makes a difference in your skin.
Week 3: Incorporate a skin cleansing brush in your AM/PM cleansing routine like Mary Kay® Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush
Week 4: No one can fault you for wanting to cover up evidence of your breakouts during the day, but try to switch your foundation and concealers to makeup that is non-comedogenic. Any Mary Kay® foundation will do the trick, I like– TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation
Week 5: Clean off makeup brushes once a week to keep dirt and bacteria in check. Try Mary Kay Brush Cleaner.
Week 6: Keep up the moisture step - don’t skip the moisture. While those with blemishes tend to shy away from oil, adding a moisturizer can stop your skin from creating excess sebum, which causes breakouts.
Week 7: Use a sunscreen daily; choose a non-comedogenic version for your face, Mary Kay® foundation primer SPF 15 is perfect. Even for males that don’t use foundation – dries to an invisible satin matte finish.
Week 8: If breakouts are still located around your hairline, change out shampoos. Your skin might be reacting to the formula.
Week 9: Begin to exfoliate your face gently with TimeWise® Microdermabrasion Step 1 a few times a week.
Week 10: Use a skin evening mask once a week, like TimeWise® Even Complexion Mask.
Week 11: Exercise at least three times a week. By maintaining inner health, you’ll help balance your skin.
Week 12: Stay consistent with your skincare routine to see the results you want!
Today’s blog post is from Jennifer Harris, manager in US Product Marketing. With nearly 10 years working within the beauty industry, Jennifer has learned there are no rules for beauty; each unique woman deserves her own custom beauty plan that fits within her lifestyle. Her team at Mary Kay strives to create energy and excitement around all of Mary Kay’s wonderful products.
tagged: Products, Beauty, Beauty Products, Inner Beauty, skin care, beauty tips, women, women's blog, beauty blog, advice for women, foundation primer, age fighting moisturizer, foundation, acne, Clear Proof™ Acne, Mary Kay® Clear Proof™ Solutions, adult acne, Mary Kay Inc., Wellness, Tips, skin care regimen, Timewise Even Complexion Mask, advice, Mary Kay Blog, women's advice, Skin care tips, Time Wise, Mary Kay TimeWise, exfoliate, Mary Kay Skincare, pillowcase