Mary Kay Helps Reem Acra Rule the Runway at Bridal Fashion Week
Embroidered lace, embellished necklines and a romantic beauty look ruled the runway during Reem Acra Spring 2017 presentation during Bridal Fashion Week in New York. Mary Kay served as the official beauty sponsor, securing celebrity makeup artist Mayia to create an intriguing bohemian twist on 1970’s beauty. Skin was flawless and youthful, while eyes had a subtle sparkle and big, bold lashes. Brows were defined using Mary Kay’s favorite Brow Gel and lips stayed natural with a clear gloss. As a finishing touch, Mayia and her team of Mary Kay makeup artists applied a pearl from Reem Acra’s designs under the eye for a touch of glamour.
Reem Acra’s gowns have been worn by global style icons at weddings, red carpet appearances, and award ceremonies. Beloved by celebrities and royals, Reem Acra Bridal may be found in the U.S. at Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue.
When asked about the inspiration of her spring 2017 bridal collection and the partnership with Mary Kay, Reem said, “I think the whole world is bohemian right now, so there is always inspiration with a hint of bohemian, especially in the beauty look. We always create something funky, different and way ahead of the game. Brides are looking for something different and we hope to inspire the girls out there. Mary Kay is a perfect fit, specifically for this collection. They understood what I wanted and that I wanted something different. They worked with me perfectly to create a romantic, modern twist on 1970s bohemian beauty.”
Mary Kay hosted beauty editors backstage where they got a behind-the-scenes look at the Mary Kay products and techniques used on models during this show. Check out pictures from this event and follow makeup artist Mayia’s steps below to create your own modern twist on 1970s beauty look!
• Skin prep: Moisturize skin for a glowing complexion with TimeWise Repair® Volu-Firm® Day Cream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30*.
• Foundation: Apply Mary Kay® CC Cream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15* with a makeup sponge to give a very light and fresh effect. Blemishes and imperfections are blurred with Mary Kay® Perfecting Concealer™ (launching May 16). Next, Mary Kay® Translucent Loose Powder is used to set the look, followed by Mary Kay® Bronzing Powder to contour the hollows of the cheeks.
• Eyes: Prep eyes with Mary Kay® Eye Primer. Next, use Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color in Pale Blush and Beach Blonde all over the eye lid. Coat top and bottom lashes generously with Mary Kay® Lash Intensity™ Mascara (launching May 16), creating a “doll eye.” For a sparkly finish use NouriShine Plus® Lip Gloss in Silver Moon on the eye lids. Fill brows with a Mary Kay® Brow Definer Pencil and set in place with Mary Kay® Brow Gel.
• Lips: Create a soft, natural lip with Satin Lips® Lip Balm.
• Cheeks: For a subtle flush of color and luminosity dust Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color Duo in Ripe Watermelon across the cheeks.
• Finishing Touch: Reem Acra inspires brides-to-be to try something different! Add a pearl from Reem Acra’s designs under the eye for an extra touch of sparkle.
Today's blog post is from Molly Magill. Molly is a mom and music-lover with an obsession for bold prints, who heads up Publicity & Social Media in US Consumer Marketing. Along with a small but mighty team of experts, including Betsy Rhodes and Shauna Miller, Molly is passionate about creating innovative Publicity and Social strategies that create fresh content and generate buzz for Mary Kay.