The team at Mary Kay took a break from our usual pink on National Wear Red Day, in support of the American Heart Association in order to raise awareness of cardiovascular disease risk in women.
Did you know that Cardiovascular diseases and stroke are the number one killer of women, causing one in three deaths each year? That’s approximately one woman every minute! Now check out these other important heart disease stats:
Heart Disease and Women Quick Facts
- 90 percent of women have one or more risk factors for heart disease or stroke
- 80 percent of heart disease and stroke events may be prevented by lifestyle changes and education
- Fewer women than men survive their first heart attack
- Women have a higher lifetime risk of stroke than men
- Hispanic women are likely to develop heart disease 10 years sooner than Caucasian women
- Of African-American women ages 20 and older, 48 percent already have a form of cardiovascular disease
So, Go Red! to spread awareness of heart disease! See our favorite employee pics below and share your Go Red! picture with @MKNews and the rest of the world on social media using the hashtag, #WearRedAndGive
To learn more about Go Red for Women and the American Heart Association, visit goredforwomen.org.