Ready or not -- the holiday season is officially here! Holiday music playing in the stores, a chill in the air, holiday parties and gatherings – like the iconic song says, ‘It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year’ – especially for your business! With gift-giving on everyone’s minds, here are five tips for Mary Kay entrepreneurs on how you can work your business during the holidays:
1. Make it Easy. Convenience is key when it comes to holiday gift-giving. Make holiday shopping easy for your customers by pre-wrapping their Mary Kay® products, gift sets and stocking stuffers in festive packaging. It’s one less thing for your customers to do and who doesn’t love one-stop shopping?
2. Party Time. Celebrate the holiday season by inviting your customers to a fun event like an ornament decorating party or ugly Christmas sweater party. Display your Mary Kay® products in a holiday-themed way that’s personalized for your customers – think Mary Kay® Gel Semi-Shine Lipstick in ‘Red Smolder’ or add a little holiday sparkle with Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in ‘Rosegold.’ The options are limitless!
3. Stand Out. Highlight what your small business has to offer! To name a few -- personalized, concierge-style service, quality products at affordable prices and a company with more than 54 years of experience. Encourage your customers to give the gift of beauty this holiday season.
4. Be Social. Use social media tools to remind your customers that you’ve got them covered this holiday season. For every person on their list – from hostess gifts to in-laws to teachers – you’ve got something for everyone that’s ‘Instagram-worthy’ and will bring a little joy to their world!
5. New Year Follow-Up. Plan ahead and let people know that you realize the holidays are an extremely busy time for most, but you’d love to suggest a date in January to share Mary Kay’s irresistible products and opportunity. The new year brings new goals and new opportunities for your Mary Kay business. And... we can all cheers to that!
As entrepreneurs and small business owners, what are your best tips on how to work your Mary Kay business during the holidays?